Tell Your Children's Health Coverage Story
Personal stories make a huge difference when we talk to legislators, the press, and others.
We are looking for stories - from parents, health providers, and community-based organizations - of families whose children have benefited from federal health care reform or health coverage through Medi-Cal or Healthy Families . Please tell us:
- Was your child previously denied health coverage due to a “pre-existing condition” (such as asthma or diabetes), but now has been able to get covered?
- Has your family been helped because there is no lifetime limit on benefits for your child?
- Are you now able to cover your young adult children on your health plan?
- Has your family benefited from free preventive services (such as immunizations) for your children?
- How has health insurance benefited the child and family?
- What happened when the child was not covered, or what might happen if the child loses coverage?
- How has having health coverage benefited the child's health, school performance and/or the family's well-being?
Feel free to use the form below to tell your story. Or, if you would like to talk to someone about your story, please call Michele Stillwell-Parvensky at (510) 663-1294.
Please note that we will not share a family's story without their formal consent.
We will follow up with you if we need more information about your story and to get your consent.